Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

Installed new GFCI outlet in kitchen was working fine and

Customer Question

Installed new GFCI outlet in kitchen was working fine and about Two weeks ago went to use it and nothing, no power, and there are two other outlets on that same wall, and they also have no power. We have changed out the GFCI and tested it, but still no power? What do you suggest?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

Hi ........this one mare have gone south now if it was hooked up right initially...........on the back of the GFI you will see LINE which is the feed wire in and LOAD which is the rest of the branch circuit down the line ..........I'm not sure if that is relative to your case but see if if is correctly hooked up

when you re set a breaker make sure to turn it ALL the way to the OFF position and then all the way to ON

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The breaker has been properly reset and line and load have been wired correctly. Still no power. Could it be the breaker?
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

it could ............is anything working on that circuit before the GFI we'll say?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know if there is anything on the circuit before the GFCI.There's 2 outlets after the GFCI. No power showing on meter before I connect GFCI.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ARE YOU STILL THERE?
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

sorry I had to be away from the computer ............I am reading over what you said now

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

that has to be traced then because if there is anything before the GFI that is working then it isnt the breaker

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok.Thank you . I'll try to trace it and get back to you later.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

please do I always have the need for things to come to a happy ending

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

one of these is a good tool to have

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-Tools-Outlet-Tester-Green-MS112H/206029154

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have most circuit testers. Including GFI plug-in tester.Thanks.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

If you have any additional questions so that I can receive credit or any concerns, construction.......decorating....... any kind of repairs, etc I will be here for you

thank you

eddie