Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I have no power in one of my bedrooms, I've checked all of

Customer Question

I have no power in one of my bedrooms, I've checked all of the breakers and they all seem to be on. What can I do?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Most likely, you have a loose wire termination or a faulty wire splice somewhere on the circuit.

2) Do you have either a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type) or a multi-meter to take a few voltage measurements at the dead receptacles. The purpose of the tester is to confirm if the issue is a hot wire or a neutral wire problem. Once you know which wire is causing the problem, it can then be troubleshooted since you will then know what is the cause.

3) I also recommend to try the following Wiggle Procedure:

See attachment shown below:

Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

1) Once you obtain a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester or a multi-meter, refer to the following diagram and take the voltage measurements at the dead receptacles.

Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks...............Kevin:)