Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

If any electrical contractors or those who do know could

If any electrical contractors or those who do know could give me a short answer to A;
How much should it cost to re-wire a 3 bedroom 2 bath 2300 square foot ranch style single family house, in Southern California? (Absolutely nothing special about the home)?
The home has a total of 32 electrical sockets (each socket being the usual two plug configuration.
The home was built in 1968, and hasn't been rewired as a whole, and the reason for calling the electrician was the sudden loss of power in two sockets from the master bedroom, and two in the kitchen.
And B) When a total re-do occurs, does every socket get attention?
C) in average circumstances , (updating wiring from 1968, so jacuzzi tubs, etc can have enough juice, ) generally call for some type of permits?

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Let me first say that isn't necessary to completely rewire a house unless it was flooded or had extensive fire damage. The loss of a couple of outlets is usually taken care of by a service call. If the house needs a service upgrade to increase the number of circuits or replace a failed breaker box that would be the norm. I suggest getting bids on the work from 3 local electrical contractors. If you go to YP.Com you'll get a list with reviews. Stay away from the TV advertised referral services. They have too many bottom feeders who pay for the referral which adds to your costs.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
For reasons I don't want to name , I need my questions answered with a guesstimate dollar amount. Assume the whole house was done.
I'm seeking opinions on what a full re wiring would cost. I'd really appreciate it if you could give me a general answer. I've already had but I'd like to know the basic 10 second ponder time answer.
I'm fully versed now in what to do in case of needing a contractor;. Let's say hypothetically a once trusted electrician lost his license and developed a healthy cocaine addiction between the last job and recent loss of power in a few sockets.
All hypothetically.
I need hypothetical answers and amounts, please, I know it's not easy for a pro to guesstimate. If your within a $2,000 margin of error your info will be greatly appreciated. Right now, assume I'm being told it costs $18,000 to rewire my home. A 2300 sq foot ranch 3 bedrooms 2 bath 32 sockets.

Service upgrade, redevice and minimum wiring replacement on branch circuit, new light fixtures (builder grade) with permit and inspection should be in a range of $7500.00 to $10,000.00. Not seeing the job, I'm on the high side.

$18000.00 is way more than it should be.