Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

Fan runs on low and medium remote high goes back to low

Customer Question

fan runs on low and medium remote high goes back to low
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Is the fan controlled by only a remote receiver or does the fan also contain pull chains?

2) Have you performed a visual inspection of the fan capacitor to see if any burnt marks or melting took place?

Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

1) What type of fan? A ceiling fan?

2) Is the fan controlled by only a remote receiver or does the fan also contain pull chains?

3) Have you performed a visual inspection of the fan capacitor to see if any burnt marks or melting took place?

Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

I've opted out of your question since you have not replied back to me.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. The previous expert was correct. You need to open the fan base by removing the bottom cover or light kit. You'll see a small square plastic component with wires. If it looks deformed by heat, that's the problem. Replacement is required. When removing it make a note or take a picture for wire connections on the replacement. Go to the link below for the part.

http://www.eceilingfans.com