Experience:  Journeyman Electrician, Lead Man (Sub-Foreman) at Romanoff Electric

Thanks. I am trying to figure out a safe way to install

Customer Question

Thanks. I am trying to figure out a safe way to install ceiling fans under a deck
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: A few days
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: covered. The deck is not covered.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-1eysp1u4- replied 1 month ago.

Hello, welcome to JA/ Pearl, my name is***** , and I will try to answer your electrical question today!

The fan and the entire exterior installation would have to be rated for damp/ wet locations to be safe.

You can find outdoor wet rated ceiling fans online, and the wiring installation would have to be also rated for this purpose like pvc conduit or metal conduit with the proper outdoor rated fittings for coupling or connecting to enter any out door rated junction box for the fixture or the light switch etc.,

I hope that answers your question , if you have anything further please continue the thread as it will remain open. Please do not forget to rate me if satisfied. Thank you for using JA/ Pearl !