Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Electricity in my house tripped. Tried flipping circut

Customer Question

Electricity in my house tripped. Tried flipping circut breakers off and on. Main breaker will not stay on the on position. Please help
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Do you have a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester or a multi-meter available to take voltage measurements at the main breaker?

2) Can you turn OFF all of the individual branch circuit breakers to the OFF position and leave these OFF. Then reset the main breaker and let me know if it still trips?

Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Since you have not replied to my questions, I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open board.

No need to reply back to me, you will be notified if another expert picks up the question.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. To determine what is causing the breaker to trip, you'll need a 2 wire voltage tester. Can't do anything without it.