Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a two gang box. One 3way switch and a single pole.

Customer Question

I have a two gang box. One 3way switch and a single pole. The single pole controls the porch lights. The three way is connected. When I turn on the switch the hallway and front porch lights come on. I want to use the single pole to control the porch light. How do I connect the wires?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

When you take them off one at a time you are going to have to figure out which wire connects to the front porch light. Of course you have to be very careful when dealing with this because you do not want to get shocked.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there any other way?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

You have to disconnect what you have plugged in, in order to figure out what goes to which.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thanks