Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I just moved into a house built in 1994. My dryer has a four

Customer Question

I just moved into a house built in 1994. My dryer has a four prong plug. I replaced it with the correct three prong plug but I also managed to short out the plug. The circuit is not on the circuit breaker panel. I am not able to locate the circuit and it is not on the circuit breaker panel. I used a multimeter to test voltage and it's not registering any voltage.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. You need to look for a disconnect. It will either be another panel, a small breaker box or a fused manual switch.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I figured that there must be another panel. But have not been able to find anything.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Look at the wiring leaving the main panel. Follow the larger cables to get to an area where you'll find the breaker box.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The problem is that there is no real way to track it down aside fromt knocking hole into the walls to track it down unless I hire someone to do this.I just wish this kind of thing was required by homeowners.I was just hoping there was an easier answer.Thanks
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Keep looking around, there has to be one. It should be accessable. It will be somewhere between the main panel and the dryer. There isn't anything more I can suggest. Good luck.