Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

I am trying to wire 2 dimmer switches in a basement

Customer Question

I am trying to wire 2 dimmer switches in a basement .switches are right next to each other. Switches are rated for LEDs. I get alot of interference, such as radio static,humming,etc. Any thing I can do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) What type of light bulbs are you dimming? LED's or another type?

2) If LED"s, are they compatible and listed for use with the dimmer switch? Are the LED's the dimmable type?

3) Any fluorescent light bulbs installed nearby or installed on the same circuit as the dimmer switches??

4) Please provide me with the switch manufacturer name and the dimmer model number?

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Since I have not heard back from you, I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open board.

No need to reply back to me, you will be notified if another expert picks up the question.

Expert:  Chris Parson replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** explain your problem in a little more detail so I can get a good Idea of what is going on.