Chris Parson
Chris Parson,
Experience:  Electrician at L.E. Myers

I have just bought a Power LFPSW-8000-120A Pure Sine Wave

Customer Question

I have just bought a Power Jack LFPSW-8000-120A Pure Sine Wave Inverter with 120A Battery Charger.Can you please tell me what the switch between the 2 L N E connections does there is nothing in the manual about it that came with
my inverter I have attached a photo to show you what I am talking about.Please explain what the switch does in each positionMaybe I don't have the right manual come with my Inverter if so can you send me the correct one to explain everything to me about my modelIf there was some way of sending a pic I would send it to you
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: several weeks I haven't even switched it on because I don't know what the switch does or doesn't do I have sent 3 e-mails to these people I bought it off but as yet after a week no answer
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I knew what the switch does I would set it up and use it It is a complete and new machine but the manual doesn't explain the switch I get the feeling this might be a new model and they have sent the wrong manual but no answers from them yet
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just really want to know what the switch does so I don't blow it up No doubt it is probably a great machine but if I can't get the instructions to operate it how do I operate it??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to

Your attachment didn't make it. Would it be possible to attach a couple of clear pictures of the slide switch. I may be able to hekp wirh ck finding a manual.

Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 month ago.

A picture of the data plate would also be helpful, thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The first pic is not so good but you can see where I have marked the switch that I know nothing about and don't seem to be able to find out Nothing at all about it in the Manual
The second pic is a clearer pic of the same.
All I want is to know what it does and in what position it is a 2 position switch one side then the other side.Cheers
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this is a pic of the actual inverter with model no.
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 month ago.

Bill, I have not had any success even with the extra information. A possibility is that it is a selector switch for the power inputs. I will opt out in hopes that another expert has some ideas. Good luck

Expert:  Chris Parson replied 1 month ago.

Can You send me more information about the model?

By looking at the photo, the switch looks like it was installed by a person, not the company. I do have an idea of what it could be though.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Chris
This is exactly how I bought it brand new never been used as yet

This Appears to be a transfer switch. It would keep one side off and one side on. I have done research and looked at several pictures, also looking at the specks I have some of them downloaded to my computer and looking at them as we speak. You are correct, there is no switch like this in the manual. In my experience I would say this is just a simple transfer switch. Ways to test would be a voltage meter, or simply try hooking it up and swapping the switch over, and the final step would be to somehow trace the wires (should be 2, a hot and neutral) and see where they intersect. I do believe this would be safe to use, I would use it. Especially after seeing the cost of these. Please feel free to contact me if there are any more questions or concerns you may have.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Chris
Thanks very much for your help
I have been trying for several weeks to get info about it from the people I bought it from and they seem not to even be interested enough to contact me in any way shape or form
I did unscrew the end cover but the wires seem to go well along into the Inverter so I didn't go any further.
I shall try this tomorrow and see what happensCheers

I am sorry to hear that they seem to not to be interested enough to contact you. I hope I helped you resolve this issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Chris
Yes you did do your best for me and thanks very much for thatSurprise surprise after me sending a message through Ebay a couple of days ago they have decided to answer me
What they have said is this
"Hi sir, the toggle swithc is to force the cooling fan works, that means when turn it on, then the cooling fan will work all the time, if not, then the cooling fan can only work when the temperature is high, thank you!"It is a terrible thing to have to threaten through Ebay to get anywhere with them.But anyway thanks so much for trying to sort it out for me.

No problem, Thank you for using JustAnswer and never hesitate to come back if you have anymore questions!