Chris Parson
Chris Parson,
Experience:  Electrician at L.E. Myers
95866977

240v on 120v the fridge now dead no power

Customer Question

Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to www.justanswer.com

You will need a multimeter to perform some testing. Do you have one or have access to one? Are you comfortable going into the electrical panel to check some voltages?

Expert:  ProGrade replied 3 months ago.

Are you by any chance in an area that was affected by the recent storm?

Expert:  ProGrade replied 3 months ago.

I have found that the customers that get the most benefit from answers and advice engage in a dialogue and remain teachable. You do not seem to want to discuss. I'm available if you change your mind or other experts can chime in as well. Good luck

Expert:  Chris Parson replied 2 months ago.

ProGrade is correct, you need to feel comfortable checking electrical voltages. I would need a little more detail on what happened before I can give you the best answer as possible. You would need to check the voltage in the box to make sure that the current is flowing. It could be throwing the breaker, or the new breaker could be wired in the wrong way. Make sure to always back track your steps one by one and see if there are any errors. As ProGrade also mentioned, we are here to help.