Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

My RCA phone read inhibited. I try another phone does not

Customer Question

hi, my RCA phone read inhibited. I try another phone does not work either. But the wiring from the wall to the is about 100 ft. Is this could be the problem? But all the phones works if just plu into the wall outlet. Thanks.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: the original phone is about 10years (the RCA one) the new phone I just bought is a new phone
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it has been a week
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried wiring a new cord from the wall outlet then to the office room I used two 50 ft cord and connected with one to one connector
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Is the RCA phone a hard-wired plug-in type of phone or a wireless version? I assume it is a hard-wired version since you mention cords.

2) How many lines does the home have? 1 or 2 lines?

3) If a 1 line home, are the phone wires daisy chained from one jack to the next jack or is each telephone jack individually "home run" to the exterior telco network interface box?

4) Is the telephone line terminated to the White/blue and blue/white pair or to the green/red pair at the RJ11 wall jack or terminated to a white/orange and orange/white or a yellow/black pair?

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

I see that you reviewed my questions, but I have not heard back from you. Therefore, I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open board.

No need to reply back to me, you will be notified if another expert picks up the question.