Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

The junction box where all the wires connected was full of

Customer Question

the junction box where all the wires connected was full of water, so i decided toclean all wires and solder. inumbered wires as they connected all wires were connected except the red wire dont know where it went. after checking current the red wire had 119 volts the black wire had 16 volts so i figured the red wire had to to pump any way turned the power on pump ra as should but i dont know whether it is fixed or not . also the wire connector was a little warm sooooo here am plumber was going charge 120 just to diad the problem how simple can it be if i knew where the wires go for sure don thanks
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: the system shut down and water was seeping out when i knew something i have only owned 2 years system is 9 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes waited on plumber a week what you think
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no system worked fine but the wires just simply deteriorated at the twist on connector no problem figuring ths=at part out just was not careful marking the wires and it may be ok just don not know
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Please tell me if this is a hot water tank, a well pump or what it is.