Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I have a a25 Iva AC generator. It is single or 3 phase. I

Customer Question

I have a a25 Iva AC generator. It is single or 3 phase. I want to hook my motorhome to it. My motorhome uses 50 amp hook up but can run on 30 amp. I have a V.(red)
W.(black) O.(white) I.(green) U.(empty) wire placement LUG SYSTEM. Need help setting up. My thoughts where to go to Rv store and buying a connection and cutting one end off and attaching to lugs. Any thoughtsJohn price
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Does the motorhome contain a traditional circuit breaker panel? If so, are there 2 spare slots available?

2) Does the gen set contain a 30A or a 50A receptacle? What is the NEMA rating of the 30 or 50A receptacle?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here's the lug diagram
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Specs
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for the pic's, but I need to know the answers to my previous questions?

3) What is the amp rating of the motorhome main electrical panel?

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Since I have not heard back from you, I will opt out of the question.

No need to reply back to me. You will be notified if another expert picks up the question.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. The wire connections shown are 120/240V Single Phase. A 4 wire 50A cord set would be required with a matching receptacle

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I cut the end off of a regular 50a Rv cord and wire for the lug positions
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you have access to the former conversation and pictures?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

I saw the pictures. You can cut and lug the cord but cords are not intended to be hard wired. It would be better for set up and take down to use a receptacle/plug connection. NEC Art 550.10

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is also what I call a California plug on the generator. I'll see if I can find a picture. Sorry for the delays in answer just in a bad area working right now
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Send the picture or the NEMA number.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm out of town without access to the generator so I will get back with you later in the week
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Very good, come back when you can.