Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I have installed many ceiling fans over the years and

Customer Question

I have installed many ceiling fans over the years and Hampton Bay are the least complicated as a rule. I just installed a Tahiti Breeze model and the light kit wont work, any suggestions?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Is the fan and light kit controlled by pull chains or a wall switch or a remote control?

2) Do you have either a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type) or a multi-meter available to take voltage measurements?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pull chains and yes I do have one
Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

1) Have you double checked the light kit blue wire splice to make sure it is properly spliced and secured to the house ceiling box wire?

2) At the light bulb socket, insert 1 test probe to the middle/center tab of the socket and the 2nd test probe to the interior shell of the socket where the bulb screws in. Using the pull chain, confirm if you have 120 volts when the chain is in the ON position.

Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Refer to attached diagram when measuring for voltage at the light bulb socket:

Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Thanks................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Thanks...............Kevin:)