ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

I have a rv refrigerator with a heating element that I

Customer Question

I have a rv refrigerator with a heating element that I believe is out. How do you check the element
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to www.justanswer.com

If this is an electrical heating element, an ohmmeter would be used after disconnecting the wire from both terminals. Set the ohmmeter on the Rx1 scale, test the element. A low ohm reading would indicate a good element, a reading of infinity, a defective element.

Let me know if you have any othet questions, thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
its defective then as I thought. Are you well versed on RV refrigerators. The heating element was removed and there is a tube that encapsulates the heating element. The heating element slides down inside this tube. There is an opening on the side of the tube and I am not sure if its supposed to be there or a corrosion area?
The model of the refrigerator is a Dometic Model RM2652 and I found a replacement element on line part number(###) ###-#### I can purchase this but not sure if the open area is factory or not?
Expert:  ProGrade replied 3 months ago.

I will see if I can find any details on it & let you know.

Expert:  ProGrade replied 3 months ago.

I couldn't find anything definitive, with the element already sealed, my opinion is that it does not matter even if it is corrosion.

When you go to pickup a new element, you could ask the supplier if they know or have a picture.

Good luck with your repair.

Thanks.

Thanks

Expert:  ProGrade replied 3 months ago.

Hammac, I did not hear from you again and don't know if you got this resolved I was just checking in to see if you need any additional assistance thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I got it fixed. Thank you.
Expert:  ProGrade replied 3 months ago.

Great, please remember to rate my service. Thank you