Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

Quick question, what is the fee for this service? What is

Customer Question

Hi - quick question, what is the fee for this service?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Electrician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: What is the timeline like for response time, immediate or wait for answer?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 2 days - trying to install new celing fan and light dimmer switch, but there are 8 wires come from the switch box and I have no idea what goes to what
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Installed Huner 42" fan with light into celing, no problem. Trying to add Pass & Seymour Slide Dimmer & Fan Control switch, but the 8 wires coming from switch box are confusing.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Please provide me with the model number of the fan switch.

2) I also need a picture of the wall switch box so I can see the wire arrangement that you have in place.

3) How many and what are the wire colors at the ceiling box? Do not include the fan wires.

4) How many and the wire colors from the fan/light kit wiring harness?

5) Do you have either a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type) or a multi-meter available?

Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Haven't heard back from you. Therefore I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open board.

No need to reply back to me, you will be notified once another expert picks up the question.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Let me know if you want to continue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No worries all - I got it figured out on my own. Thanks.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Very good. Thanks for letting me know.