Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

Our contractor installed a vanity backsplash in our

Customer Question

Our contractor installed a vanity backsplash in our bathroom. Instead of notching the backsplash to allow for a GFI outlet he cut off the bottom of the outlet cover plate. Looks dangerous to me. What part of the NEC does this violate so I can reference this when I ask the contractor to fix it?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Article 406.6 in the National Electrical Code as shown below:

"Receptacle faceplates shall be installed so as to completely cover the opening and seat against the surface".

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

In addition, Article 110.12 Mechanical Execution of Work could also be cited as shown below:

"Electrical equipment shall be installed in a neat and workmanlike manner"

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

I provided you with the correct NEC code answers to your question. I was hoping that in return, you would provide me with a positive rating?

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Thanks...............Kevin:)