Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I am currently trying to hook up a big piece of woodworking

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, yes, I am currently trying to hook up a big piece of woodworking equipment that needs 220V (20A) to my house. I have a plug for a dryer but it is a different receptacle type. I am trying to figure out how to create a small cable to bridge the gap in between these two cable types but I'm not sure about the actual wiring
JA: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: the machine in question is brand new and no I have not consulted an electrician
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: there are no error codes; I'm just trying to hook things up
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'm speaking to a robot. the machine has never powered up
JA: Anything else you want the electrician to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) How many wires and the wire colors on the woodworking equipment?

2) Does the equipment contain a receptacle?

3) Since the equipment is 240 volts and 20 amps ,you will require a dedicated circuit to power it up.

Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.

Haven't heard back from you:)

Therefore, I have opted out of the question and it will be placed back to the open board for other experts to pick up.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 7 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Do you still need help with your issue regarding the hook up of your 220V machine?

Let me know

Steve