Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

Have installed a Leviton GFSW1-W GFCI receptacle with

Customer Question

Have installed a Leviton GFSW1-W GFCI receptacle with combination outlet/switch. Line cable is two wire BX with aluminum ground wire built-in. The outlet works but the switched load does not. Cable to switched load is 12/2 W/G Type NA-B 600v and ground wire is connected to load and receptacle. Voltage tester shows no power to either switch lead in either switch position. What am I doing wrong?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Please give me the count and colors of the wires in the box.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Line cable has black, white and copper wires, load cable has black, white and copper and cable to switched load has black, white and copper.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Depending on whether you want the switched load GFCI protected or not. Protected, put the white wire on the load terminal, Unprotected, put it on the Line termination. The wires from the device switch, connect one to the Line or Load hot termination and the other wire to the black switched wire.