canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  i have extensive experience in the home improvement industry. my current job is at lowes home improvement.
64367226

Garage rebuild after fire they left 24" in of wire out

Customer Question

Garage rebuild after fire they left 24" in of wire out ground can I splice in a peace of conduit and wire to be able to get to garage or pull all new wire
Category: Electrical
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. You cannot exactly just splice into it but you can make connections in a junction box. All connections have to be accessible in a junction box. If it is outside then you could always put an outside outlet there and use it as the junction box.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What about conduit can i splice in to it to avoid trenching a new one

No the connections have to be accessible in a junction box. You would have to cut the wire in the conduit and direct the two ends into a box where you would make the connections. The box can also be an outlet so you could put an outdoor outlet or junction box on a post.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Expert:  canuck the pro replied 5 months ago.

Expert:  canuck the pro replied 4 months ago.

I see you still have not positively rated my service. Although the only way that I get paid is when my service is positively rated, it also tells me that you have not received the information that you were seeking to find a solution to your issue. Will you let me know what affect the information I provided had on the issue at hand and how else I may be able to help?