How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike G. Your Own Question
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 7296
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a low-voltage perimeter lighting installation on a

Customer Question

I have a low-voltage perimeter lighting installation on a walkway at home. The lights are mushroom shaped on a slender rod that screws into a sub-surface aluminum housing. One of the housings was damaged a while ago and though it still works it won't hold the light straight up. I need a replacement. The electrician who installed the setup can't remember where he purchased the parts and we both think they may have been left over from a job where the customer supplied the materials. I really like the installation and can't find anything I like as much. I enclose a photo of the housing. Can you identify it?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. The item shown in the picture is a 1/2" malleable "T" and is a common part available at any electrical supply house and likely at any home center.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Never seen it at the Depot. Any online sources? Any brand you can mention?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

Home Depot SKU #606189

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Got it! Thanks.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

Anytime, you're welcome.