Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Trying to connect a leviton z-wave light switch

Customer Question

trying to connect a leviton z-wave light switch
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Assuming you got the additional info I typed on first question, you have a basic idea of my panel setup. With the power off, I isolated a ground wire for my new leviton switch, joined a white pigtail to my neutral wire bundle which was capped off so that I could have that ready for the new switch. I cut the load wire and detached the line wire from the screw on the original switch and removed it. I then stripped off a cm from the end of the load wire to have it ready. I took the line wire, cut it and attached it with a wago line connector to 3 pigtail black solid copper and connected each switch via one of the pigtails. In the end, all switches work except for leviton z-wave which stays permanently on???
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what did I do wrong please… need an answer soon please. Thanks
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-1eysp1u4- replied 3 months ago.

Hello , welcome to JA/ Pearl, my name is***** , and I will try to answer your electrical question today !

the z wave smart switch is this model ?:http://www.zwaveproducts.com/product-documentation/12722%20EnFrSp%20QStart%20V1%20081814.pdf

Please forgive me, but I'm a little confused as to what you are trying to do, it sounds like you have a bank of 4 switches you want to remote control with your Z wave switch as an automated master control , is this correct ? Reading your information it seems these are all single pole light switches including the Zwave ?