Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I have 3 of your 60'' Brookedale ceiling fans the 3rd one

Customer Question

I have 3 of your 60'' Brookedale ceiling fans the 3rd one was purchased in September, 2014, and the fan has stopped working when you push the control for one of the 3 speeds u can see the blade sorta move then nothing you can take your hand and spin it and it will spin on medium and low but not high. I have already purchased a replacement but would like to have this one repaired what do you suggest?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. From your description it has a failed capacitor. Open the base above the light kit. You'll see a small square plastic component with wires on it. It will no doubt show signs of overheating. Remove it and carefully note the colors of the wire connections. Go to the link below for a replacement.