Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

Need to know the calculation for overcurrent protection for

Customer Question

Need to know the calculation for overcurrent protection for pool pump hp 1,50 flc 10,5 how do I calculate overcurrent protection
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, its not calculated by hand anymore, there are too many variables, the data you need taken from a computer program.

I need the full load amperage taken from the name plate of the pump to input the program... beyond the breaker size is type of Ground fault or arc flash breaker needed, and the bonding and grounding requirements for the pool.

I can help you will all of that if you wish

Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

I need to differentiate 'flc' possibly full load current.... from 'FLA' full load amperage, tell me if the motor name plate differentiates these or only uses FLC please