Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I want to replace an existing DV-603P 3 way dimmer switch

Customer Question

I want to replace an existing DV-603P 3 way dimmer switch with a standard n on dimming 3 way switch but am not sure which wire goes to which pole on new switch.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: The replacement switch is a Leviton decora 3 way with a ground terminal and one brass screw pole on one side and a brass screw pole and a black screw pole on the other. the existing Lutron is wired green to ground, black to black, next red to white, and final red to a red power lead
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: this is an existing lighting circuit controlling a string of 7 lights along a columnade through two three ways( one the Lutron) and one 4 way between the three ways.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Connect the black to the black screw and the 2 other wires on the gold screws individually. The green screw is for the ground.