Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

My grandmother has a 1979 mobile home and just recently

Customer Question

My grandmother has a 1979 mobile home and just recently there was a thunder storm that took out the power, when it came back on 1/2 of the homes power flickered and went back out than came back on, and finally went out. We checked the breakers and I thought it was just one 15 amp that didn't show any change in power. So I removed it only to test continuity and it works... But now I'm faced with trying to find where the problem is? Any advice would be helpful
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. I suggest testing phase to phase at the disconnect. It should be 240V

Let me know what it is.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't know where the open is... And the outlets and switches are set up differently than normal home electrical.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm not an electrician but I have had some schooling in it.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The switches and outlets are enclosed around the wiring. And the face plates are glued to the walls.