Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I just finished replaced a switch for a pool pump (that was

Customer Question

I just finished replaced a switch for a pool pump (that was wired in reverse) with a mechanical timer (no way to wire in reverse, as far as I understand) with some help from JustAnswer. Now that I've turned the power back on and confirmed that the timer is working, I noticed that a GFI switch on another circuit that is sharing the same line (12/3 to the box) can't be reset at the same time as the one for the pool pump. I've attached a highly technical and detailed drawing . Any help/explanation would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
By "confirmed that the timer is working" I meant "I can manually switch it on and off and it works." I just checked though and it doesn't look like the timer part is actually working (gears don't turn, time of day doesn't change - in looking at troubleshooting for that, seems like it's an issue with the timer motor - assuming that's not related to the GFI issue). I re-confirmed that I have it wired based on the diagram .
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Welp, turns out it was all related (the timer not working and the GFI not resetting). The instructions I was following from last night had me splicing a neutral from the wrong spot, switched that up and the timer is timing and the shed lights (second GFI) resets just fine.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Are you all set?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
all set now. Switched the where the neutral was spliced from and all's working.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Very good.