Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have an AOSmith 115/230 V motor the diagram is illegible

Customer Question

I have an AOSmith 115/230 V motor the diagram is illegible on I have 8 wires that are numbered no idea witch goes where I am trying to wire it for 120
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: About an hour I have had the motor for 6 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes just need to know which #s go to each other then witch is hot and witch is nuetral
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: 1 is org 2 wh 4 yl 6 brn 7 blu 8 blu 9 blk 10 red
Category: Electrical
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-1eysp1u4- replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** welcome to Just Answer/Pearl , I will try to answer your electrical question today.

I did some background checking on AO Smith and found out their electrical motor division was bought by another party in 2011, and now manufacture motors under the "Century" banner. To begin our investigation of proper winding wiring I need to know as much about this motor as possible i.e., what is it's purpose and is there any model number or horse power information at all legible on the name plate sticker/ housing ?

Any of this information will be necessary before I can continue assisting you, thank you !

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It was originally a roll up garage door motor . I am putting it on a mixer . Mdl. # C56A05A19 Ser # 2D05 type C 3/4 hp 1725 rpm
115/230 volt single phase , frame 56Y , continuous run , code J , INS B , HSG ODP , (###) ###-#### Type A
10.6/5.3 SFA

After several hours of searching I am sorry to say I haven't found an exact match for your wiring needs, I will opt out now, maybe someone will have better luck. That being said I am going to continue to look for your information, as I despise failing to help people and if I do find something I will opt back in and let you know. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well makes me feel a little less stupid , I have wired from 1/2 hp to 300 hp all phases and voltages and this one just has
me bumfuzzled