Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft

I have a bathroom light switch box that has three sets of

Customer Question

i have a bathroom light switch box that has three sets of wires coming into it. this is the only light switch for the light. all three of the white wires are connected together with a pigtail wire. two of the black wires are connected together and also has a pigtail wire.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just today.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: btw when i test the black pigtail wire and the white pigtail i get 120 v. when i test the lone black with the white pigtail i don't get any voltage.when i test the lone black and the black pigtail i get 120v.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: could this be wire like a 3way but not be?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

Hi............ what you have in that box is your feed cable.......a cable that continues the circuit with something else ........and last is your switch wire...............what is it that you are looking to do ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
replace the switch for the light. Wires were already off the old switch
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

bury the neutrals (whites) back into the box will be using the black with a pigtail to one screw on the switch......and the other single black to the other don't forget to re-connect the ground wire

Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very passionate and proud of my work here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!