Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) How many wires and the wire colors that are terminated to the wall switch?
2) How many house wires and the wire colors at the fan box?
3) Does the fan box contain a group of white wires that were originally splice together?
4) Do you have either a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type) or a mulit-meter available?
1) Haven't heard back from you, do you still require assistance for your question? I saw that you viewed my original questions but have not received any replies?
I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open board since I have not heard back from you.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. You misfired the connections. Connect as follows;
1) white to switch connected to black power. Mark the white with black tape to indicate it is being used as a hot.
2) black from switch connected to fan
3) whites together