Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

I have Elite Miracle One gate opener ( for 7-8 years). Six

Customer Question

Hi , I have Elite Miracle One gate opener ( for 7-8 years). Six or seven months ago it started "acting up". When I try to open it , you would hear the single click and nothing would happen afterwards. If I kick/shake the control box ( within 2-3 sec. after pressing the remote button) gate would open. After month or two even this stopped working. I thought that it could be the batteries so I replaced them. It worked great for last 3-4 months but now it started behaving the same way . I was wondering if you had any idea how to fix this issue? Thank you!!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: couple of weeks now
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. From your description I suggest checking all wire connections. A loose connection would cause the problem you're having.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Mike! I did check all the wires and they seem fine. When I replaced battery with a new one it started working right away and it worked for several months. To me it seems that my battery is being drained somehow. Is that possible?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

It's possible but unlikely. Kicking it to work is a connection problem. If it was a component failure, it wouldn't work with a kick.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When i replaced the battery it was working right away. That is why i am having doubts that it is a loose wire. Also i did check , but could not find any. If it was not a loose wire what else could it be ?
Thx
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

The kicking makes me think something is breaking connection that connects when struck. Nothing I could point to specifically.