Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

I installed a Leviton GFNT1-RW GFCI outlet. Have power to

Customer Question

I installed a Leviton GFNT1-RW GFCI outlet. Have power to GFCI however no power at plug in. Help
Category: Electrical
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-1eysp1u4- replied 2 months ago.

Hello Larry, my name is***** welcome to Just Answer/ Pearl, I will try to answer your electrical question today.

I will quickly look up your model number , but my first question is was this an active circuit before you installed the GFi and did you wire both conductors( black and white) to the "line" side screws of the receptacle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
a active circuit. Black wire is to Gold color post and white to Silver post. user bottom posts. Upper posts are for added plugs
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did wire GFCI wrong the first attempt. Did I destroy it.Larry

When you say "wrong" what do you mean, wired to load side screws instead of line , or hot and white wire reversed ? It's possible that the device is faulty , if you wire to the load side but hot and neutral were wired correctly to their respective screws then it would still function unless it was defective from the factory.