Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have stripped years of paint (down to the metal) from the

Customer Question

I have stripped years of paint (down to the metal) from the front of my indoor circuit panel cover. Do I need to put on a new coat before I reattach it to the box or can I leave it bare. There is still the original grey paint (mostly on the back (inside the box) side. It is thick steel I believe original equipment from a large condo built in 1967.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Rico Soma replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You should paint it. Bare metal will eventually rust. So painting it is the best way to prevent corrosion.