Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I have a Hunter Fan Type 2A. It has been discontinued, and I

Customer Question

I have a Hunter Fan Type 2A. It has been discontinued, and I can't get any replacement parts for it! The 'LIMITER" is defective, and the lights do not work, in spite of having replaced the pull-chain light switch. The fan blades rotate without a problem, so we know it is not the capacitor. We called Hunter, and they do not have ANY replacement parts for this fan! I have looked everywhere, and can't find a limiter to replace the one that's in the fan assembly. The one we have in the fan is 120B-60Hz, 300W Maximum. If we can't find the limiter anywhere, we have to throw the fan away, which is a shame, because it's a great fan!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: At least two weeks! We replaced the pull-chain for the light about 2 weeks ago.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just that if we had schematic for this fan, we might be able to reconfigure it to eliminate the need for the limiter...
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. I suggest the link below for fan parts. If they don't have it you won't find it anywhere