WCohn
WCohn, Construction Worker
Experience:  Been in contruction 18+years
6211579

I have a ceiling light that recently begin making a pooping

Customer Question

I have a ceiling light that recently begin making a pooping noise when I cut the wall light switch off and on. I noticed that one of the bulbs has broken off and the base of the light is still screwed in the fixture.
Also, it looks like someone tried to unscrew what is left of the bulb and bent the fixture. Could that be the source of the popping noise? If so, can I just leave the light switch off to avoid a fire until the fixture gets replaced?
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a ceiling light that recently that recently begin making a poping noise whenever I cut the wall light switch off and on. I noticed that one of the bulbs has broken off and the base of the light is still screwed in the fixture.Also, it looks like someone tried to unscrew what is left of the bulb and bent the fixture. Could that be the source of the popping noise? If so, can I just leave the light switch off to avoid a fire until the fixture gets rep
Expert:  WCohn replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is Wade. Yes, that could be the source of the popping. Leaving the switch off is a good idea, however turning of the breaker that serves that fixture is really your best bet