How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike G. Your Own Question
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 7293
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a DP switch for a water heater. I can find a switch

Customer Question

I need a DP switch for a water heater. I can find a switch that fits a UK style box but my need is for the Asian (Philippines) width of back box, which is slightly wider. Can you suggest something please
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) How many amps is the fuse or circuit breaker that protects the water heater? 30 amps or other?

Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

It has been 2 days and I have not heard back from you. I assume that you have either located the replacement switch or are no longer interested in your question?

I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open board. No need to reply back to me. You will be notified once another expert picks up the question.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. I suggest using a 30A 2 pole disconnect, either fused or not depending on whether you need overcurrent protection or not.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Mike
My problem is trying to buy a suitable switch. My need is for a 220V 20A double pole flushmount switch. I don't care if its fused or not, whether its engraved "water heater"or not, but I would like an indicator neon to show when its on.The problem I have is that the only ones I can find to buy have the mounting screws at a suitable width for UK style back boxes which is too close together for my purpose. I need the screws to be spaced three and a quarter inches apart. I will have to purchase online. I've tried all the usual places but no luck. I hope you can advise me where I can find one.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. If you Google " UK water heater switch" you'll get an unlimited list for the switches you are asking for.

Related Electrical Questions