machinc
machinc, Electrical Technician
Experience:  AC/DCElectricity / Relay and apparatus/circuit reading/ 30 yrs Bell South
75209918

I am getting a pole shed wired at present and the

Customer Question

I am getting a pole shed wired at present and the electrician has run the wires between the iron roof and the mesh that holds the paper up.The wires also go over the rafter between the iron and rafter.
Where the wires get to a pole they go around the pole from the inside to the outside and are chaffing on the sharp corrugated wall.
Apparently this is legal.???
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) When you say wires, are the wires part of a insulated cable or are the wires enclosed in a metal spiral/armored cable? There are many different types of wiring schemes used and some reside in a cable system while others reside in solid metal conduit and others reside in an armored spirally wrapped flexible conduit.

2) I need more details as to the type that you have in place before I can provide my comments and/or recommendations?

Wires are a very generic term used in the electrical industry. There are many variations installed in an electrical distribution system. Need to know the type that you have in place?

Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

It has been 2 days and I have not heard back from you. Not sure if I am asking the wrong questions or you are no longer interested?

Therefore, I will opt out of the question to allow other experts to pick up your question. No need to reply back to me. You will be notified if another expert picks up the question.

Expert:  machinc replied 4 months ago.
This type of project requires a building permit in most locations. W
Expert:  machinc replied 4 months ago.
Locate the permit . It should be prominently displayed.
Expert:  machinc replied 4 months ago.
It will have information about the job and the agency that issued the permit .2
Expert:  machinc replied 4 months ago.
Call the phone number on the permit. If there is not one you should be able to find it locally
Expert:  machinc replied 4 months ago.
Ask for an inspector to come check on the electrical work.
Expert:  machinc replied 4 months ago.
They usually are willing to agree on a time span where you can meet them at the site . You will be able to show them your concerns.
Expert:  machinc replied 4 months ago.
What you have described could very well be a problem.
However there are many variables in electrical work.
Expert:  machinc replied 4 months ago.
The work you have described could be any number of things from , temporary, to incomplete.,
special protection not yet placed or routing of wires and staples or clamps not yet in place or as you are concerned poor or sloppy placement.
Expert:  machinc replied 4 months ago.
The inspector or the electrician who did the work should be able to explain the situation to you.
Expert:  machinc replied 4 months ago.
You should call one or both and meet to discuss your concerns. You might be able to resolve your concerns with a phone call to the electrician. If not then then the local building inspector.
Expert:  machinc replied 4 months ago.
Most licensed electricians are going to do the best they can to provide a safe and reliable installation. Your electrician should be glad to meet with you about this.
Expert:  machinc replied 4 months ago.
If you are not dealing directly with the electrician on this project your general contractor whould be another source for you to contact.
Expert:  machinc replied 4 months ago.
I know this is a serious cocern to you but it is a situation that can be rectified .I will be glad to answer any questions you may have.