Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

I have a MinkaAire model AC-552AL F701 that has stopped

Customer Question

I have a MinkaAire model AC-552AL F701 that has stopped working. It is operated by a MinkaAire wall switch. The wall switch led lights are on but they will not operate the lights or fan. I substituted a conventional switch which did not change anything. Is it more likely the switch/receiver are bad or something with the fan unit? Thanks.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: This is a ceiling fan. No thermostat or filters.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No just some advice for now how to troubleshoot and fix the problem
Category: Electrical
Expert:  mrromex replied 3 months ago.

Hi this is John and will try and help you.......if it is the wall control I am thinking of there are a couple of things to the slider in the on position, I believe this wall control requires a battery that you may want to check/replace.....if this doesn't solve the issue then the connections may need to be checked in the wall or the control itself may need to be replaced.

do you still have the owners manual? the fan may need to be re-linked to the receiver in the fan