Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

The entire light fixture on my ceiling fan rotates and makes

Customer Question

The entire light fixture on my ceiling fan rotates and makes a very load clicking noise if on a speed higher than low. It also will not turn off when I pull the string. It will go from high right back to low instead of off
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: For about a month
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. I suspect that the clicking noise is more than likely the blade alignment may be off and hitting the housing. That happen when the fan is cleaned and pressure on the blade makes it move. As for the switch. Pull chain switch will fail with use. The only remarrying is to replace it. An exact replacement won't be available at any home center. You'll need to go on line to the link below for the right one. When changing the switch take special notice to mark down the wire colors on the switch terminations to avoid problems.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** does the light fixture rotate as well?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

If the light kit is stem attached, itnerds to be turned clockwise firmly to establish a tight firm attachment. They are either stem attached or attached with screws. Screws are better.