Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I have two florescent lights. One works fine, the other one

Customer Question

I have two florescent lights. One works fine, the other one did not. They are hocked up in parellel. I fixed the one that didnt work and tested it wtih the power and it worked. It was only hooked up by itself not with the other one. then I connected hot with the two hot of each light, and then the black, nothing... I got power going to both lights, but no power on the return.. cannot figure it out.what am i doing wrong?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. The first thing to check is the connection from the ballast to the 120V. #18 wire on the ballast is factory stripped but it's too short and makes for a bad connection. Strip them longer and they should lead the house wires into the wirenut.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Your right I fixed it
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Very good, glad to help.