Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) Sorry, but the model number on the Legrand does not come up in any of the databases. Please double check the model number and provide to me.
Thanks...........I located the instruction sheet on the Legrand website.
1) This switch is a combined switch model where 1 switch is to control the fan and the other switch is to control the fan light kit.
2) Since the existing switch only contains 1 black and 1 white and the red wire is capped off, is there also a red wire at the ceiling fan box? How is the fan and light kit currently wired at the ceiling box? What wire colors are spliced together?
1) Your existing wall switch wiring configuration indicates that the old switch is a single pole switch that is simultaneously over riding both the ceiling fan and light kit where the fan and light kit are then individually controlled by pull chains, is that correct?
2) The Legrand model is meant to individually control the fan motor speeds and the light kit as 2 separate functions. All depends if the fan ceiling box contains the same red wire as the wall switch box does. The fan wiring harness should also have 1 black and 1 blue wire. Need confirmation on this?