Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I need replacement panel screws General Switch electrical

Customer Question

I need replacement panel screws for a General Switch electrical panel box
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Thanks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, just replacing front panel screws
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Where to buy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) You can purchase replacement load center door screws at any local Home Depot or Lowe's. Refer to the link shown below:

http://www.homedepot.com/s/load%2520center%2520screws?NCNI-5

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I bought square d door screws they do not work, what works with General Switch brand?
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

1) I recommend to go to a local electrical supply store and provide them with your panel board model number and they should be able to assist you since the Square-D screws were a different thread.

Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

1) Another option is to re-tap the threaded hole in the panel to match the Square-D screw threads.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Thanks..................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)