Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I have a plug in my sons room that we have not used before

Customer Question

I have a plug in my sons room that we have not used before because a bed was previously blocking it, yesterday we rearranged furniture and i used it to vaccuum. when i plugged it in the lights flickered but the vaccuum worked, and when i unplugged it all the lights went out. I plugged it back in and juggled the plug in the outlet and the lights flickered on and off. Is this something i need to call an electrician for or is it a simple fix?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. You have a common problem. The receptacle mention has a loose connection and only needs to have it corrected. If the wires are attached using the pushback terminations, move all to the termination screws. Pushback always fail.