Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Please give me the exacting count and colors of the house wires in both the switch box and the ceiling box.
The first fan should have a speed/dimmer control. With a hot connected to the double switch you can then connect the red and black, providing seperate function control.
Give me the info on the second fan.
If the feed wires are in one switch box and there is a 3 way switch it is wired as follows
1) feed hot to black screw, white connected to white.
2) the wires on the gold screws ate connected to only wires of the same colors in the ceiling and no other wires.
3) the wires on the gold acres on sw#1 need to be the same on sw#2.
4) the wire on the black screw will connect to the blue wire on the fan, for the light.
The white from sweet box#1 connects to the fan white.
5) if I understand your count there is another wire from sweet box #1. If so connect it to the fan black wire and you'll need to change sw#1 to a sweet over 3way switch. Connect the wires as directed to the 3 way and the additional wire to the gold screw on the single pole. The new device will give you seperate control of function.
Very good, you're welcome