Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I turned off the power to the bathroom to remove an over the

Customer Question

Hello! I turned off the power to the bathroom to remove an over the sink light. I capped the wires and turn the power back on, but not getting any power in the room at all. I removed the caps now so the black white and copper wire are exposed, but still not working. No power to overhead light or outlets. What did I do?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Do you have a GFCI that may have shut OFF when you turned OFF the power? If a GFCI is present, try re-setting it and if power is restored.

2) How many house wires and the wire colors at the sink light box?

Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Since I have not heard back from you, I assume that you have resolved the problem. Therefore, I will opt out of the question. No need to reply back to me. You will be notified if another expert picks up the question.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. I suggest checking for a tripped GFCI in either another bathroom or basement.