Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

Reason the will not work my gfci i have one side silver is

Customer Question

for some reason the will not work my gfci i have one side silver is white other side black red the timer are black red white to white an one white the brakes does not trip i have pool lights on the same gfci and broker and they work i use tester there is juice to gfci but is does not reset an brand new but there no power going to the timer for the pump who can this be if the lights work an there all on the same line an the brakes does strip
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: ok
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i got a gfci with socketto test with a light an it worked but no power to the timer so i went an got a brand new timer still not work
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Do you have a GFCI circuit breaker or a GFCI receptacle?

2) Is the timer hard-wired to the GFCI or plugged in? If plugged in or hard-wired, remove the LOAD side terminations or un-plug the timer and reset the GFCI. Does it still trip under a "no load" condition?

3) Do you have either a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type) or an AC voltmeter available to confirm voltage?

Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Since I have not heard back from you, I assume that you have resolved the problem. Therefore, I will opt out of the question. No need to reply back to me. You will be notified if another expert picks up the question.