Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

I'm replacing one of the distribution panels in my warehouse

Customer Question

I'm replacing one of the distribution panels in my warehouse and just want to run some specs by you to be sure I've purchased the right stuff
Category: Electrical
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-1eysp1u4- replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer/Pearl my name is***** will try to answer your electrical questions today !

First question is what is this additional panel for ? convenience receptacles, an additional office space, or is it a motor control cabinet? any information will be helpful about your needs like I assume this warehouse has a 3 phase 480 volt service and you need the extra distribution for expansion of some reason.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know what service we have coming in. I've done a lot of work , but not replaced a distribution panel before. The cutoff fuse box in the back has 3- 100amp fuses, and is a main shutoff for this panel I'm replacing. I bought a 200amp service panel for our new AC units. I just want to be sure thats safe and correct
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We have 6 total panels in the back and hardly use 1/3 of the power capacity of the building. There are cutoffs that run to 3 other distribution panels in the front of the warehouse, again that we use very little of

This will be very difficult to answer without some crucial information about your existing distribution voltage and where you are placing the new panel in regards ***** ***** from the AC units and quite frankly what voltage(s) things are running on in your facility. My suggestion is to take as many pictures as you can of your current set up and one of the new panel you bought and the AC units, so I can get the best grasp possible of how to advise you from this point. You should be able to attach pictures you upload to your computer through the attach function.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What time do you want to talk? So I'm available

I'm not sure what's going on with the live call function, it seems to be opening and closing itself, I have not used it yet myself I've tried to solve problems through the simple text function to this point. I'm going to opt out do to technical issues, maybe one of my peers will pick this up soon, I will suggest you offer as much information about your facility as you can especially operating voltages because the panel you bought may be the wrong type.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK how do I cancel, so I can ask again later?