Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

All landscaping lights from al1200mtss are out and I

Customer Question

All landscaping lights from al1200mtss are out and I replaced several bulbs and still nothing. Checked line voltage coming in and no voltage.un plugged and checked the voltage and got 120v on both outlets plugged back in and still nothing in the box. With it still plugged in checked other outlet on receptive and got no voltage. Un plugged and got 120v. Plugged in extention cord and got 120v so don't think it is the outlet. Any ideas?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) I am unable to locate the model number on any of the databases including Intermatic's web site. Are the light bulbs 12 VDC or 120VAC versions?

2) Is there a wall mounted transformer which plugs into an exterior wall receptacle?

3) Please double check the model number again...........Thanks.............Kevin:)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Lights 12v
Wall mounted that plugs into receptical
Good number when I Google it it came up
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the replies.

1) Unfortunately, when I paste the model number into Yahoo, I don't get any hits nor do I get any hits on the Intermatic web site for that model number.

2) Anyhow, sounds like you have a 12 VDC transformer that plugs into a 120VAC receptacle. The transformer output voltage needs to be confirmed using a mulit-meter. Please confirm if you have 12 VDC leaving the transformer output using a meter?

3) If no voltage output on the transformer, then it is defective and needs to be replaced. If 12 VDC on the transformer output, then you either have a loose termination or a cut in the wire downstream from the transformer.

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks...................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks...................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

Thanks.................Kevin:)