ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

I need the wiring diagram hobart lxih dishwasher 120/208-240

Customer Question

I need the wiring diagram for a hobart lxih dishwasher 120/208-240 3w does the 3w need 2 50 amp breakers or 3?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 12 months ago.
Welcome to www.justanswer.com
This unit requires 3 hots on a 50A 3-pole breaker and one ground wire. It does not require 2 or 3 circuits, only one 3-phase circuit. Unless distance to the panel is excess, 3 each #6 Copper plus a # ***** Copper ground.
One 50 Amp 3-phase circuit. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
That is how I have it wired now. I would like to see the diagram to confirm since what the manual states is*The (3W) systems require three power wires that include a current carrying neutral. An additional
fourth wire must be provided for machine ground.

That is correct & i stand corrected on the circuit/breaker. The circuit should consist of 3 ea - #6 copper (2 hots & 1 neutral) plus 1 ea - #8 ground wire for a total of 4 conductors on a 2-Pole 50 Amp Breaker.

There is no wiring diagram in the manual.

Here is a link to the manual if you do not have it:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.whaleyfoodservice.com/EquipmentManualsIntegration/Manuals/HOB1313.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiPx5eDk9HNAhVIXR4KHagaAAwQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNGWI-r_hU_1AS782OcEGSFLGaYV2Q&sig2=RkBcFcjY0Gbr3KQ9YIRAQQ

Is the neutral wire identified in the junction box on the unit? If so, one hot to each of the load conductors, the neutral to neutral & the # ***** to ground.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have the manual which is why I started this question to see the wiring diagram. If I had gone with your
first answer which is what I assumed until I found the manual I may have been wrong. Without a definitive of the wiring diagram I do not feel like I should have to pay for this answer. Are you positive 2 pole 50 amp breaker plus neutral and
4th wire ground.
I am certain that is what the manual indicates. Thanks
Expert:  ProGrade replied 11 months ago.
how did it work?
We are on the honor system here. If you don't rate my service, I am working for free. I would appreciate a positive rating. Thank you